Friday, January 21, 2011

Esther's Birthday

We had a great day celebrating Esther's first birthday today. It was especially fun to see Spencer's excitement now that he knows what birthdays are all about. He kept talking about her cake and how she was going to have one candle because she's one. It has been so cute to see her personality come out of late as she explores the house and tries to join in with Spencer's toys and fun. We still have to protect her from him quite often, he likes pushing her down and claims she likes it, but the two of them have laughed and played together more and more so we're sure there are good times ahead for them. Esther had her 6th tooth poke through this week and is trying out new foods, though corn Chex continue to be her favorite. She loves to snuggle and is always happy to see Daddy when he comes home. She is such a delight to have in our family and I just can't imagine life without her. Happy Birthday to our sweet little Esther!





Thanks for the yummy fishies, Aunt Amy!



A typical Esther-grin I caught today.




We gave Spencer mandarin oranges on his first birthday so I decided to make an orange cake for Esther to see if she would like them. She is not as big of an eater as Spencer was at this age, I remember he chowed down on them when he tried them, so I wasn't too surprised that she only ended up squishing them rather than eating them. Spencer, on the other hand, wanted to pick off all the oranges from the cake and then asked for more. Can't complain that he'd rather eat fruit than cake!

4 comments:

Amy said...

I love her smile!! Her little face is looking older...more like a little girl than a baby. Miss you guys!!

Kristy said...

Awww! Happy Birthday Esther! I can't believe she is one already!

Rachel Starchman said...

Happy BIrthday Esther! She is so beautiful Becky!

Louise said...

That cake looks soooooo delicious! And Esther is one already! How is Spencer's potty training going?