Sunday, December 20, 2009

Bookworm



I'm so grateful we have a good library close by because Spencer's latest favorite pastime is reading books and it helps to get a fresh supply every few weeks. He often places a book on the couch and stands facing it, turning each page and repeating the words he remembers or recognizes from the pictures. He can go through a whole pile and then go search for more books, tuning us out sometimes and other times telling us what he's reading. He doesn't usually sit down unless we read to him, but he found a new spot to try out tonight. (And you can hear that he actually recognized that I wanted him to smile since I had the camera out and was trying to take a picture, but he hasn't quite responded to smiling on command yet ... we'll see if he ever does.)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a cutie! I wish I got to see him soon. Have a Merry Christmas!

Amy said...

that is sooo cute! we need to talk--it's been too long!!