Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween Fun

My mom found a pattern for a gingerbread boy and thought it would be fun for Spencer to be one for Halloween this year. It turned out great--he looked so cute! I only managed to get him to wear his hood once for a picture, and even the suit took some bribing to get on each time he wore it. We went to a party with our ward on Monday, a party on campus for children on Thursday, and though we hadn't planned on it, we went out for some trick-or-treating Saturday night. I decided last minute that it sounded fun, even though Spencer won't be eating the candy, and it turned out that he loved it. He tried to walk inside the first house we went to (since that's what you normally do when you go knock on someone's door) but then he got the hang of it and kept saying "more homes" after leaving a house. He had no fear knocking on the doors, talking with perfect strangers and taking the candy they offered him. I kept smiling and laughing as I watched him at each door--it was just so funny to see him walk up resolutely and knock with full expectation of being greeted by someone who was happy to see him. This may be a good sign that he'll do just fine tracting when he's a missionary some day.


(His mouth looks funny because he's eating candy, it was the only way I could get him to wear his costume.)




He had so much fun with his friends at the ward party, as well as the balloons, and even got to try eating a donut without using his hands.




It was impossible to catch a clear picture of him on this slide at the campus party so I took a video that shows how much he likes it. As soon as he got down he would run back over to climb up and do it again. He is certainly an energetic little boy and it's fun for us to watch him discover new things he can do. I have a feeling he's going to be excited for Halloween next year, we'll just see what he thinks about wearing a costume.

4 comments:

Becca Curzon said...

He is such a cute gingerbread man. You did a great job with the costume, I'm very impressed.

Becky said...

I should say I only helped a tiny bit with the costume--my mom gets most of the credit.

Amy said...

very cute gingerbread costume!

Kristy said...

That costume is so great! Your mom did a wonderful job and Spencer looks adorable. Next year he will wear his costume willingly once you tell him he will only get candy if he wears it:)