Spencer has been putting more words together just the last week or two with a lot of two word phrases like "no bath" and "Daddy book" (for "Daddy, read me a book") and an occasional full sentence with a subject and verb, as in the video below. I think it helps that he's been hanging out with some older kids at the playground and wanting to copy what they say. It is fun to see how excited he is to express himself better, though some places aren't as good as others. Today in sacrament meeting he was eating some craisins and at a particularly quiet moment he practically shouted in my ear "I drop it!" when some craisins fell out of his hand. We now have the new challenge of teaching him to have an indoor voice, or at least when to be quiet at church.
(I called the pens crayons because that's what he calls everything you write with.)
5 comments:
That is so cute! Spencer is going to be one smart cookie! (or I mean, he already is!)
That is SOOO cute! I watched it twice. what a cute nephew I have.
How cute! Our boys sure are getting big - what are we ever going to do?! :) Funny how these steps are so exciting and sad simultaneously, don't you think?
That is super cute. I miss living close to you guys. Spencer is such a handsome little guy.
Wow! Spencer is so grown up!
Post a Comment